Appeal of Indian Doctors for Ethical Practice (IDEP)
We are a network of – ‘Doctors for De-commercialized, Ethical & Rational Health Care
We are speaking on behalf of the large number of conscientious, rational doctors in India with a sense of anguish and distress regarding the state of medical practice in India today.
We are worried about
- Deteriorating ethical standards in private medical practice, and stark commercialization of this once a noble profession. (Rising incidences of malpractices, irrational investigations, unnecessary procedures and surgeries, kickbacks)
- Adversarial relationship between patients and doctors leading to insecurity among doctors.
We want to bring back – the healthy and harmonious relationship between doctors and patients.
We are for
- Checking corporatization of Health care.
- Regulation and rationalization of fee structure in private medical colleges.
- Regulation of pharma industry, equipment industry and consumables. (Stents etc)
- Solving the practical problems of rational doctors – like high handed implementation of PCPNDT in which many honest doctors have suffered.
- Capping the amount of compensation in medico legal cases.
- Honoring patients’ rights, transparency regarding charges and for readiness to give enough time to patients and answer their queries.
- Following standard treatment guidelines prepared by organizations in India with due consideration for local constraints.
- Bringing in Clinical establishment act that would protect honest and ethical doctors and would not bring in corrupt Baburaj.
- Reconstitution of Medical Council of India on democratic lines, and bringing Corporate Hospitals under the control of MCI.
We have a dream
To bring Universal Health Care in India like that in UK/ Canada/ Thailand a system wherein private-practitioners would be paid from public fund on the principle of ‘standard payment for standard care’ and hence doctor-patient relations would not be based on the market-logic.
From – Dr Arun Gadre MD (OBGY) Pune, Maharashtra, 09822246327, Dr Sanjay Nagral, Dept of Surgical Gastroenterology, Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai, 09820285458 E-mail id – [email protected]
Together we can make a difference!
Please fill in details to Join Us:
Name and qualification ——————-
City, State of residence ——————-
Mobile number ——————-
Email id: ——————-
Signature (no signature required if sent from email) ——————-
Please send the filled form to [email protected]